- 25g butter
- 1 onion
- 100g risotto rice
- 450ml water
- 3 ripe tomatoes
- 50g cheddar cheese
- 150g butternut squash, peeled and chopped into small pieces
How to make it
- Put half the butter in a frying pan, chop the onion and fry this in the butter until soft. Add the risotto rice and mix well.
- Gradually add the water, stirring often to make sure the rice doesn’t stick to the pan. Do this for about eight minutes. Add the squash to the pan, reduce the heat and cover.
- Cook over a low heat for about 15 minutes, until all the water has been absorbed. Taste the squash to see if it is soft. If not, add more water and continue cooking until it is.
- Peel the tomatoes and chop them into small pieces. Cook these in the remaining butter. Grate the cheese and add this to the risotto with the tomatoes.
If you’d like to find out about more recipes like this, check out our Make and Do Cook book!