- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- salt and pepper
- 50g of cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons of butter
How to make it
- Whisk the eggs, milk and a pinch of salt and pepper together in a mixing bowl. Grate the cheese and put this to one side.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Add the egg mixture and cook until the edges start to set (this should take about 45 seconds).
- Lift the edges of the omelette with a spatula and let the egg run onto the base of the pan. Repeat several times as you cook the omelette.
- When the omelette’s centre is no longer runny, add half of the cheese to one side. Flip the other half of the omelette over, cook for another minute, then take the omelette out of the pan.
- Sprinkle the remaining grated cheese on top and serve.
If you’d like to find out about more recipes like this, check out our Make and Do Cook book!