- ready-made cookie dough mixture
- selection of clear boiled sweets
- drinking straw
- star-shaped cookie cutters (2 sizes)
- coloured string
How to make it
- Make the cookie dough according to the instructions on the packet and roll it out flat.
- Cut out stars with the largest cookie cutter. Make another star inside with the smaller cutter.
- Chop the sweets into small pieces and place them in the centre of the cookies.
- Use a drinking straw to make a small hole in the top of each cookie. Bake in an oven pre-heated to the temperature shown on the cookie dough mixture instructions. Do not let the sweets start to bubble.
- Carefully remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to cool thoroughly on a cooling rack. When they are cool, thread some coloured string through the holes and tie them off. Now your cookies are ready to be hung on a Christmas tree – how long will you be able to resist eating them all?
If you’d like to find out about more recipes and fun activities like this, check out Make and Do Cook.