- Empty coffee tin (or circular container) with plastic lid
- 1 large sheet of green paper
- Double-sided tape
- 1 sheet of purple felt
- Fabric glue
- 1 ball of orange wool
- 1 sheet of yellow felt
- Elastic band
- 2 unsharpened pencils
- Reusable adhesive
- 1 sheet of purple tissue paper, torn into small pieces
- PVA glue
How to make it
- Cut the green paper to the size of the side of the tin. Stick double-sided tape to both short sides, then roll the tin to cover it in the paper.
- Place the lid on the purple felt, then draw a circle 3-cm bigger around it. Cut out, then glue the felt to the top of the lid.
- Stick double-sided tape around the op and bottom of the tin. Press one end of the orange wool on the bottom, then pull to the top. Repeat to create a zig-zag effect. You could even add an extra pattern of wool to make your drum stand out.
- Once the tin is covered, cut two thin strips of yellow felt. Stick one to the bottom of the tin.
- Place the lid back on the tin. Wrap an elastic band around the felt, neatening the material. Cover the elastic band with glue, then stick the other strip of yellow felt on top. You could add sparkly gems to decorate too.
- Make two drumsticks using unsharpened pencils, balls of reusable adhesive and layered tissue paper.
If you’d like to find out about more recipes like this, check out Make and Do Craft.