- 3 x 10-cm wide circles of tissue paper, different colours
- Cocktail stick
- 1 bendy drinking straw
- 1 small piece of yellow tissue paper
- PVA glue
- Green paper
- Double-sided tape
How to make it
- To make one flower, fold each tissue paper circle into quarters, then cut a different pattern around each edge. Unfold each piece of tissue.
- Push once circle onto the cocktail stick through the centre. Add the other tissue paper circles in the same way to make three layers of petals.
- Twist the bottom of the tissue paper and fix with a small piece of tape. Make sure the petals are taped to each other, not to the cocktail stick. Remove the stick and open up the petals.
- Cut 2 cm off the top of a bendy drinking straw. Glue the bottom of the flower, then stick into the straw opening. Scrunch the yellow tissue paper into a ball and glue it in the flower’s centre.
- To make a leaf, draw the shape on the right onto the green paper. Cut out, then attach to the straw by sticking double-sided tape onto the flap as shown. Wrap it around the straw.
If you’d like to find out about more fun activities like this, check out our Make and Do Craft Book!