- 175 g couscous
- 1/2 tsp cinammon
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 onion, sliced thinly
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 200 g cheese (cheddar or feta)
- 1 tomato, chopped
- fresh mint leaves
How to make it
- Combine the couscous, salt, pepper and cinnamon in a bowl. Pour boiling water over it until the couscous is just covered. Seal with cling film or a plate, and leave for 10 minutes.
- While the couscous rests, cook the garlic in a little of the oil.
- In a bowl, combine the remaining oil with the zest and juice of the lemon to make a dressing.
- Fluff up the couscous with a fork. Stir in the dressing. Add the cooked garlic, along with the onion, chickpeas and cheese.
- Sprinkle with mint leaves to serve.
Image credit: John Autry