Louisa’s chocolate brownies
Posted on August 10, 2011
- 115g softened butter/margarine
- 225g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 140g plain flour
- pinch of baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 150g chocolate chunks – mix of milk, white and dark
How to make it
- Grease and line a rectangular tin. Lay out the chunks of chocolate in the bottom of the tray, keeping some for the top.
- Cream the butter and the sugar together. Stir in the eggs and vanilla essence. Fold in the plain flour, cocoa powder and baking powder until you have a sticky dough.
- Spread the mixture into the tray and scatter the remaining chocolate chunks on top.
- Bake in a moderate oven for 30 minutes or until a knife comes out clean. Leave to cool and then cut into squares.