- 45g butter
- 45g plain flour
- 450ml milk
- 250g cheddar cheese
- 350g macaroni
- 75g sliced ham
- 8 tomatoes
For the topping:
- 40g breadcrumbs
- 20g Parmesan
How to make it
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, then add the flour. Gradually add the milk, stirring continuously. Remove from the heat when the sauce becomes thick and smooth.
- Grate the cheddar, add and stir well.
- Cook the macaroni according to the packet instructions. Pour the cheese sauce on top. Chop the ham into small pieces and add.
- Peel the tomatoes and chop them into small chunks. Add to the macaroni and mix everything together.
- Transfer the mixture into an ovenproof dish. Mix the breadcrumbs and Parmesan together and sprinkle this on top.
- Grill until the top turns golden brown and the dish is bubbling.
If you’d like to find out about more recipes like this, check out our Make and Do Cook book!