Ingredients – makes 8 tuna cakes
- 600g sweet potatoes
- 2 spring onions
- 300g tinned tuna (drained)
- 1 egg
- 200g polenta, or breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
How to make it
- Peel the sweet potatoes and chop them into small chunks, then boil in a pan of water for 20 minutes. Drain well, then mash.
- Finely chop the spring onions and add to the mash with the tuna and the egg. Mix together well.
- Season with salt and pepper, then divide the mixture into eight ball-shaped cakes. Slightly flatten these with your palm.
- Put the polenta (or breadcrumbs) on a plate and cover each tuna cake in it (make sure you cover the sides of the cakes too).
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Pan fry the tuna cakes one by one on each side, turning them carefully, until they are crispy.
- Leave them to cool for a few minutes before serving.
If you’d like to find out about more recipes like this, check out our Make and Do Cook book!