- 3 medium carrots
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 2 teaspoons of finely chopped rosemary
- salt and pepper
How to make it
- Peel the carrots, then cut off the tips and ends.
- First cut them in half crossways, then in half lengthways. Then cut them in half lengthways again – each carrot makes eight sticks.
- Peel the sweet potato and cut into sticks about the same size as the carrot ones.
- In a mixing bowl combine the carrot and sweet potato sticks, olive oil, rosemary, sugar and a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix together well.
- Line a baking tray with aluminium foil and spoon the sticks onto it, spreading them out on the foil.
- Bake them in a hot oven for about 25 minutes, until they are tender and browned.
If you’d like to find out about more recipes like this, check out our Make and Do Cook book!