- 2 small onions
- 2 carrots
- 1 celery stick
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 800 g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 300 ml vegetable stock
- 60 ml milk
- 1 tsp sugar
- Salt and pepper
How to make it
- Chop the onions, carrots and celery into small chunks, then fry these in the olive oil until soft.
- Add the tomatoes, vegetable stock, milk, sugar and a pinch of salt and pepper. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer, stirring frequently, for about 15 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and leave the soup to cool. Puree until smooth.
- Season to taste, then serve the soup in bowls or mugs. You could add sour cream and basil leaves on top.
If you’d like to find out about more recipes like this, check out our Make and Do Cook book!