- small herb plants, such as parsley, chives, purple sage, thyme and basil
- watering can
- large container
How to make it
- Put a layer of gravel about 5 cm deep in the bottom of the container
- Add compost until the container is about three-quarters full
- Plant the herbs in the compost. Put the largest plant in the middle of the pot
- Push the compost down firmly around the plants, adding more if needed. Water the herbs well. Trimming or pricking the herbs regularly will help them grow and keep their flavour.