- 340g plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 85g salted butter
- 135g granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 500g fully ripe bananas, mashed
- 110g walnuts, chopped
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease a 23x13x7-centimetre loaf tin.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Add the eggs and beat well.
- Add the dry ingredients and mashed bananas alternately to the butter mixture. Fold in the nuts. Then pour the batter evenly into the prepared tin.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until a cake tester or toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool the bread in the tin on top of a wire rack.
If you’d like to find out about more recipes like this, check out Make and Do Bake