- container (about 8 cm deep)
- decorative stones
- succulent plants such as flowering cacti, jade, agave, sedum and flaming katy
How to make it
- Half-fill the container, first with a thin layer of gravel, then with a layer of compost.
- Decide how you want to arrange the plants before you take them out of their pots.
- Remove the plants from their pots and plant them in the compost. Place the stones around them.
- Water the plants lightly when you have finished. Place your mini desert in a sunny window. These plants like to dry out and then be well watered, so check that they are dry before you water them.
If you’d like to find out about more activities like this, check out Make and Do Craft.