- scraps of food such as breadcrumbs, cheese, cooked rice or vegetables
- plastic cup
How to make it
- Mix the scraps with some birdseed and nuts in a bowl. Ask an adult to melt the lard in a saucepan.
- Add the melted lard to the mixture and stir it all together with the spoon.
- Put some of the mixture into the plastic cup and push a twig into the middle. Leave it to set.
- Pull the mixture out of the cup and roll it in some birdseed. Tie a piece of string to the twig and hang it from a tree. Now you can watch and see how many birds fly by your feed!
If you’d like to find out about more fun activities like this, check out our Smart Kids Activity book!